USCHIE is also an independent extension of the Association of Minnesota Chinese Physicians (AMCP), a non-profit organization devoted to promoting multi-disciplinary member and community interactions, community service and US-China medical professional exchange. USCHIE is also operating on a non-profit basis.
The editor-in-chief of USCHIE is Dr. Zongyu John Chen, a practicing gastroenterologist at Minnesota Gastroenterology. He is also one of the founders and a former president of AMCP.
The inaugural issue of USCHIE includes a message from Dr. Hongsheng M. Guo, President of AMPC. Dr. Guo says of USCHIE, “[it] provides a unique platform for in-depth discussions on all medical and healthcare related topics not only for healthcare professionals, but also for all healthcare related professionals, including those with expertise in healthcare administration and policy-making, medical education, professional quality assurance and certification, medical malpractice and medical-legal services, as well as those from all healthcare related industries.”
The first issue of the e-journal includes the following articles:
* USCHIE Launch Editorial
* A Message from the President of Association of Minnesota Chinese Physicians (AMCP)
* Curriculum Reform of Mayo Medical School
* JCI Accreditation: The SRRSH Experience
* Overview of Chinese Medical Device Industry
* St. Jude Medical's China Operation
* Cardiologist Jianming Li and His New Book on Heart Disease Prevention - Exclusive Interview
Visit www.uschie.org to view the current issue and to learn more about USCHIE.